PALATINE HILLS LIGHTNING WARNING SYSTEM
- ONE LONG TONE – LEAVE THE GOLF COURSE
- THREE SHORT TONES – ALL CLEAR
LIGHTNING SAFETY FOR PHGA SANCTIONED ROUNDS
- Players must leave course during a lightning event – seek shelter – play suspended.
- Note time of 1st Lightning Warning Tone, player wait time is 1/2 hour from 1st tone.
- Players to return to play at all clear tone.
- If player chooses to leave course before the 1/2 hour waiting period, the player’s score and entry fee is forfeited.
USGA LIGHTNING SAFETY POSTER